Wooden Background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Patience - my least favorite lesson

Hello everyone!

Well, March has come and gone and we are starting into April. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone!!

If you would have asked me back in January what I would be doing in April, I would have said I would be in my new house, construction almost complete and starting to feel settled. But what am I really doing? Well.... None of those things. And that is because we still have not closed!!

Today was not a good day for me. Tyler and I were fully expecting this to be "the" week and to expect to close at any moment this week. So when Tyler called me at work today (which he only does for special reasons) I just KNEW we were closing! But alas, no such luck. Instead, I receive the delightful news we are not closing for another THREE WEEKS!!!!! Three weeks, people! and that's not even a definite!

I immediately started to cry....

Now, I fully realize that I sounds like a big, whiny, spoiled BRAT crying about how difficult it is to not buy my house the date I wanted to. And for that, I am sorry. But I do think there is a good lesson in here, so bear with me...

Maybe crying was a slight overreaction, but I just had not been expecting this news! I had already got into the mindset to wait and be patient 2 times already. So I knew knew my waiting was over. I mean, God doesn't want to keep us waiting, right? He knows I have a schedule I need to follow, right?!? And He is always accommodating for what I want, right?!? Ermmm.... right?

Silly, Hannah. That would definitely be a big. Fat. NO. I guess I just conveniently forget that sometimes God doesn't always give me what I want. His timing isn't based on mine.

Ouch... that lesson hurts me. I always think of everything based on MY schedule, not HIS.

I was reading some Romans today and this stuck out to me. 'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.' (Romans 12:2 NIV)

You see, my mind is too much like that of this world. I am selfish. I think about what I want and get frustrated when God doesn't revolve the world around me. I need to change my mindset to be more like Jesus. Unselfish. Humble. Instead of focusing on my inconveniences, how can I use this unplanned circumstance to further His kingdom? After all, His plans are absolutely perfect. Much better than mine...






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Friendly Visitors!