Wooden Background

Sunday, August 22, 2010

eat. pray...... WORK!

Hello Blog World. Miss me?

I will go ahead and venture to say YES, since I have had several threats from friends and family saying that if they saw pictures of my sailboat one more time, they would disown me. Well, I finally gave in.

I think once I took a break, I was almost scared to get back into the whole bloggy thing. I knew I was getting busier and less interesting and thought maybe I should take the opportunity and end on a high note. :)

Well, not really. I was never going to quit blogging, I was just on sabbitical of sorts. I mean, come on, 6 month of blogging serves a 6 month break, right??? :)

OK OK, enough sarcasm. I have had lots going on and now time to get into the nitty gritty.

My life recently? It consists of eating, praying and working. Oh ya, maybe some sleeping. Seriously, our office is gearing up for our "busy season" and this could get ugly. 13 conferences in 2 1/2 months. Yes, you read correctly. THIRTEEN!!!! Thankfully I won't be traveling to ALL of them, but I will definitely be rolling in frequent flyer point by the end of November! (always a silver lining!)

So, if you don't hear from me until November, don't be surprised. But I'll do my best. :)

Also going on in my life? Well this is some heavy stuff, so get ready....

When I first moved to Little Rock, I started a girl's Bible study at Fellowship geared towards women new to the Little Rock area. It was SUCH a blessing! Out of that class I met some INCREDIBLE women and made some great friends. Friends that have made an impact on my life on so many levels.

One of the girls that I had gotten to know was name Angela. Angela and her husband were in a motorcycle accident 3 weeks ago today. Since both of their families lived a few thousand miles away, her friends in the area were her "family" of sorts. Anyway, long story short - Angela went to be with the Lord on August 2, 2010.

The entire situation was something I had never experienced. And by no means can I even begin to imagine the hurt and pain her family and husband are going through. But that has been weighing on my heart. I mean, I had only been around Angela a few times, but she had definitely impacted me.

Now, I have my fair share of sassyness and sarcasm, but this girl could put me to shame. She was SO funny, SO witty, SO full of life and love for Jesus. WHAT AN EXAMPLE!

So please, keep her family and her husband in your prayers. They had only been married 2 years. My mind really can't wrap my mind around his hurt right now.

So that has been what going on my life recently. Now, I promise I won' be MIA for 4 months again, but I am giving fair warning that the next few months will be INSANE for me, so please have some patience. :)

1 comment:

Jessica Hilton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know this pain too, sad to say. We just have to remind ourselves that they're in a much better place!

Friendly Visitors!