Wooden Background

Monday, September 8, 2014

Month Four

Silas continues to change and grow and surprise us daily --- gosh it's so annoying! Doesn't he know he's not supposed to do that! ;)

This month was probably one of the busiest of the year for me, work-wise. So it has been a challenge to find the appropriate work-life balance. But thankfully, fingers-crossed, things will calm down for a while. 

So here are some of the things Silas, and the family, (but really mostly Silas) have been up to!


Silas had his first stroller ride without his car seat. He loves walks -- and usually ends up asleep before I get to the end of the street!

Silas and John at church. They're just now starting to notice one another. They were so cute just staring!

I get nice little updates from his teachers at day care. I think he's learning to be a good napper there. :)

Well it can't all be about Silas. :) I got the inevitable "mom cut," but actually really like it! I needed a change. Besides, if I can't feel good about other parts of me (ahem, the aftermath that is post-pragnancy) I can at least have really cute hair. 

He has always sucked on his hand, but more and more he is finding his thumb to suck on. I say, go for it! It's like a permanent paci we can't lose. :)

At 14.5 weeks, I made my way up to NWA with Silas for work. I had a two-day, two-event weekend. Whew! I am SO thankful that my mom and MIL were able to keep him so much while I was at work.  I know they didn't mind too much either. :)




Dad even took time off work to keep him for a bit. I loved getting updated from him!

HAD to post this one. I foresee many more joint naps together!

He was so sweet all weekend. Even though he had been dealing with a stuffy nose and cough for several weeks, he didn't let that bother him too much. He still enjoyed being spoiled with cuddles. 

He even got special visits from his cousins! Love those blonde kiddos!

Silas and JoePop!


Jen Linn came to LR for work and we were able to enjoy a dinner out while she was here. It was great to see her in NWA too!

I survived the work weekend (barely!). After working three FULL days in a row, I needed a break! That Sunday I went to church with my family, was able to visit my Grandma Vi (she isn't doing well, was admitted to hospice and probably doesn't have much time left. So it was super important to get to see her.) I took a nice long nap while Joe and Jo Anne showed Silas off at the golf course and then Silas and I headed home. All by myself! On the way up to NWA my coworker rode with me. This was my first trip with Silas by myself! Scary! I had timed it so he would sleep most of the way, and thankfully, he did!

Another great update from him teacher. He occasionally will get a good grip on his bottle and hold it like this. I just loved that he was doing it while sleeping. Ha!

I made a nice little contraption that allowed both dogs to share a leash. I wasn't sure how well it would work, pushing a stroller AND walking the dogs. But it actually worked really well! I'm so excited to get to take all my boys out together for a walk -- and we have enjoyed doing this as much as we can. 

Silas has really started playing with toys! He's grabbing them so much easier, and immediately brings them to his mouth. Ok, he pretty much brings everything to his mouth -- his toys, my jewelry, my hair, my clothes, his diaper (yep, yep that happened...). Just another cool milestone to watch him learn!


I've started being able to carry Silas on my hip -- gosh, like a big boy! He wraps his whole body around me like a little monkey. And it's super adorable. So we've started calling him our Little Monkey. 

Tyler thought this was hilarious. And over the top. But Silas had school pictures and we got the proofs. Ah, they are so cute! Thankfully they were doing pictures first thing in the morning. So I was able to   Help make sure he was on his best behavior. And he was! I can't wait to order them. Now just to choose which one!

On Silas' four month birthday, we took him to the LR Food Truck Festival. Bo and Bess were able to join us -- so fun! And the food was delish. Like, wow. I love how Silas was seriously staring at my hot dog. He even made a grab for it a few times!

John and Silas holding hands. :)


Things to remember:
-Silas had congestion for the entire month. It has been tough! Lots of snot-sucking (I even got the nosefrida, which I swore I would never use. I mean, come on. The concept is freaking disgusting. And then your baby is sick and you'll eat your words and suck snot like it's your day job.)
-We are on the verge of a full blown laugh. And. I. Can't. Wait. Were getting a few giggles here and there. And every once Ina while we get a belly laugh. But they're short. I think we will have full fits of laughter soon!
-He loves for me to hold him above my head and then lower and kiss all over his face. He gets the biggest grin!
-He also loves when I go in to kiss-attack him. He's starting to understand the "game" and will brace himself for the kisses. 
-I feel like he kind of knows who I am. I swear he gives me extra big smiles when he sees me. Makes this momma happy!
-When reading books to him, he reaches out trying to grab the pictures. 
-we are getting on more of a schedule. I use that term lightly though. The teachers at day school have really made that possible. He's napping about the same times every day and we are trying to get him down earlier than we had been. 
-For about 2 weeks, Silas was a TERRIBLE sleeper! He was basically up every 2 hours. It was ROUGH. It must have been a growth spurt, or maybe because of his congestion. Either way, I'm glad it looks as if things might be making a turn for the better. 
-The pups have started to learn the danger of standing too close to Silas. He's gotten a hold of their tails and ears a few times which has resulted in some squeaks and squeels. 
-Silas has just started to dislike his carseat, and by dislike I mean hate. Every time I pit him in, he gets the saddest look on his face and begins to cry. It is making car rides super enjoyable. 
-We have transitioned from the swaddle blanket to a sleep sack. I made the dumb mistake of trying to cut it cold-turkey. That made for one terrible night of sleep. Thanks to a lot of wonderful fb mommy friends, we got a sleep sack and it has seemed to work well. 
-Cooing is a constant noise in our house -- and I love it! 

Until next time!





No comments:

Friendly Visitors!