Wooden Background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Long time no blog

Well I have to apologize for the lack of bloggage the past week or so. I think it is mostly due to the holidays... although heaven's knows that there has been plenty of down-time. I think I've eaten enough during Christmas weekend to go into hibernation for a solid 3 months or so...

But I think I was just enjoying the relaxing time, and honestly didn't have too much to blog about. But have no fear, this kid is back!

So... about the holidays... well let me just start by saying Tyler and I spent our first New Year's together the best way we know how... being lazy. That's right, we didn't do a thing. I made dinner, baked some cookies, and we just laid around, played games, and enjoyed each other's company. And we barely made it to 12 o'clock... we basically were passed out on the bed and woke back up about 12:08, just in time to say "Happy New Year," get our New Year's kiss, get under the covers and call it a night. Wow, I seriously think we are 63 years old already. ha! But it was great!

Christmas was of course wonderful! Being able to go home for a few nights to be with the Herrimans was great! It was even better because I was able to fully experience my first Herriman Christmas! Dinner with the extended fam Christmas Eve, candlelight service at 10 pm, then off to bed. We woke up and opened presents in our pj's, ate a fantastic biscuits and gravy breakfast, and played games.... now that is a PERFECT Christmas. Did I mention we woke up to a WHITE Christmas too?!? Even better! :)

Then Tyler and I spent Christmas night together in LR, just the 2 of us. We woke up early Saturday and spent the weekend with my family in El Dorado with my Memaw and Aunt. It was so great for our entire family to get together at Memaw's, especially because there are little babies and lots of chaos, so I really feel like that was a majoy accomplishment! :)

Sorry no pics from Christmas, I really don't know what I was thinking, but I totally forgot all weekend! Oops!

So this last week Tyler and I have just been recovering from the travelling. And TODAY was the day that we actually purchased my major Christmas present!!!

Drum roll please.........



My very own mountain bike! (A special thank you to all the contributors who generously gave $$ for Christmas! :) )

Now I realize that this is probably very random to some people. I mean, I haven't ridden a bike in probably 12 years! But Tyler has one and hasn't ridden it much recently. He really really enjoys it and I thought that would be a great thing for us to do together! Plus, I get a little bored with running (or at least attempting to, in my case, ha!). Not to mention the fact that Tyler DESPISES to run. I mean it. He can't stand it. I seriously think he would rather watch She's the Man with me 5 times in a row before going for a run. :) So it makes it even tougher for me to go alone. I thought biking would be a great change of pace for me.... and Tyler :)

Even though its 25 degrees outside today I begged Tyler to go for a ride with me. We were only out for about 30 minutes but I LOVED it!!! SO FUN!

Now the only problem, as I'm lying in bed tonight, is that my butt now hurts SOOOO BAD!!!!

No comments:

Friendly Visitors!