Wooden Background

Monday, October 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

*There's no place like home, there's no place like home*



This is exactly how I have been feeling lately! Last night, Tyler and I were laying in bed right before falling asleep, having our little chat time. (This has become very typical, every night we talk about random stuff in our lives right before we go to bed. And this has quickly become my favorite part of the day!) Anyway back to last night.... I was feeling kind of down and randomly started to BOO HOO like a pre-pubescent 12 year old girl. Seriously, I felt the butterfly clips and overalls coming back! haha!

I realized (after overcoming my sobs and with the help of my sweet sweet husband desperately trying to fix my sadness) that I was homesick! I have been in LR for a few weeks and have managed to keep myself very busy during the day. I clean, I shop, I craft, I cook. But I am not really around PEOPLE! Especially a lot of the people that I love most in this world! Granted, I have LOVED having so much time with Tyler. For those of you who know us, you know that this has been a long time coming :)

But nonetheless, I was lonely and bored and quite simply, just feeling sorry for myself. So after I stopped crying, I became extremely excited for this week! Amanda's due date is today, so we were all hoping for little GK sometime soon.... like... TODAY! But alas, as Amanda has put it Miss GK was having a bit of a "diva moment" and decided to make us all wait! ;) So we won't have her until Friday. And that is totally fine, except for the fact that she was my excuse to head back up to NWA! So today we got the news of her belated delivery and I have to be honest-- I was totally bummed out!!! I mean, I thought for SURE she would be on her way today and I would be driving 104 mph on I-540 trying to make the delivery in time! ha!

So tonight, Amy (my other SIL) asked if I was still going to come early this week anyway. (I had made plans to stay with her and help with the girls) And this made me even MORE sad... and Tyler could tell. My wonderful, amazing, kind, sweet (I'll stop now, I think you get the idea) told me to go ahead and head up to NWA early. I really had not even thought of that bc I really wanted to stay here with him this week. But he knew that my heart was with the babies this week and I just needed some Brooklyn, Harry, Mallory Kate, and soon-to-be Georgia Kelley lovin'!!!!!! So either tomorrow or Wednesday morning I will make my way up I-40 and 540 to see my wonderful family!!! This will be the PERFECT way to start celebrating GK's birth! I will be there all week to lend a helping hand however I can!!!

So, I will definitely be blogging up a storm this week... There is no doubt I will have my blog filled with baby pics!

I know it may sound strange, but I really feel like this trip to NWA is the perfect remedy to my homesick fever. It's like my heart is just a little broken right now (bc I'm missing my family) and Tyler was just awesome enough to know what medicine I needed!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't tell you how happy our home is that you are coming. Brooklyn can't wait to share her bed with Hanny!

cortney mae said...

I am SOOO excited cause now I will actually get to SEE you.. I guess you left out the part about needing some (insert southern DRAWL here) "cort" time...

Friendly Visitors!