Wooden Background

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Honey, I'm Ho--- .... wait, where did you go?

As most of you know, my hubby Tyler just started a job in Little Rock. We are so very excited for this move! We have spent a majority of our relationship long-distance (probably close to 75%, NO LIE!) so the idea of us going away together, just the 2 of us, to a new place seems like such an ADVENTURE!

Anyway, I am finishing up my job here in good ol' NWA until next Friday while Tyler is staying with friends in Conway and getting everything ready in LR for the Big Move. And I'm ngl, this has been such a LOOONG week for me! Even though Tyler and I have spent so much time apart in the past, I QUICKLY got used to having him around! After we got married, he basically became a stay-at-home-husband while he worked on this thesis for grad school and found a job. And let me tell you..... it was AWESOME! I have been so pampered!

Now, I truly am not one to be all mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey, head-over-heels, annoying about my marriage. I love my husband dearly, more than I can express... but come ON, sometimes girls are just straight up ANNOYING about the whole L.O.V.E. thing.

With that being said, I just can't help but reflect on the wonderfulness of having him at home when I get back from work. He literally treated me like a princess--- made me breakfast EVERY morning before work, cleaned the house, did laundry & dishes and would always be there to listen to my work day. Yes, ladies, you can now be jealous! I know he's pretty amazing. :) Ok, now I'm done being mushy!!!!!

But this week, I wake up alone, I skip breakfast (NO TIME!), I'm too lazy and depressed to clean, the house is a MESS (dishes in sink, dirty clothes on the floor, trashcan overflowing, you get the pic!) and all I can think about it how much I want to see Tyler!

So tonight I go home to an empty apt, yet again! (sigh, deep breath, sigh again) I know I'm feeling WAAAY too sorry for myself right now.... but please just let me grovel for a few more seconds.....

...... Ok, I'm better!!! Anyway, in a short, short time we will be reunited and beginning our journey together in LR. This time apart has really helped me realize God's blessings in my life and how we should cherish our time with the ones we love the most!

No comments:

Friendly Visitors!