Wooden Background

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Television-itis

Television-itis: Complete and utter boredom, due to lack of television and/or cable watching access.

I'm not sure if that is the technical name, but I'm going to pretend like it is.

Since Tyler and I got married, we decided to save a little moolah and NOT have cable. Gasp! What did you say, Hannah??? Yes, it is true! I have not had cable since May.

And really, for the most part, it has been fine. But there have been times when I wanted to scratch my eyeballs out simply to entertain myself. I mean, I didn't know boredom like that exsisted!!!

So my saving grace the past few months has been Hulu. I can watch basically any show I want. The only problem? Summer is sort of lacking in the exiting TV show department.

Thus, I was reduced to watch two shows which I had not seen in YEARS! And the sad part? I kind of enjoyed it...

I have been able to refresh my Angel and Buffy knowledge... I had forgotten how good these shows are!





But as the cooler weather comes, so do my FAVORITE shows! We still don't have cable, but at least I can watch these online.

The Office, of course, is my all time fav.... This show will NEVER get old. The other shows that I heart are: Project Runway, Community, Desperate Housewives, Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, and of course GLEE (I have become obsessed with this show, and really think it is quickly becoming everyone's new fav)



And surprisingly, one of my new favorite shows is the Vampire Diaries... who would have thought? I imagined it to be this cheesy, teeny-bopper, watered-down version of Buffy or Twighlight. But really? Not too bad so far! I find myself excited to watch the next week's episode as soon as I finish this week's. So for all you Twilighters, check this out! I really do think it's pretty good. (And this is someone who likes Twighlight a lot, but definitely not one of those obsessed people *cough* Jennie and Whitney *cough*) lol :)



But the super exciting news??? I will no longer have to suffer from Television-itis!!! Well, at least not completely. Since we are moving to LR, we had to get a new internet provider, who was running a special for TV and internet. So yours truly will now have 20 channels. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, 20 cable channels! I know this is kind of sad to be so excited... but I figure I can get most of my fav shows from these few channels, and that is all I need! So, when we are in LR, anyone is welcome to come to our apt to watch TV! YAY!

1 comment:

cortney mae said...

oh my sweet hannah montana...
FEBRUARY!! I was cableless for 8 months!!oh the things we will do to save $$

Friendly Visitors!