Wooden Background

Monday, September 21, 2009

Unexpected Blessings!

Isn't it so awesome when something great happens when you least expect it?

Well that is exactly what happened to me last night!

Yesterday was a bad day for me.... and I mean BAD! I had to drive back up to NWA after a quick trip down to LR to move some furniture into our new apartment. I got home and realized I left all my keys in LR!!! ALL OF THEM! My car and my apartment were locked away and I was stuck in the parking lot, running late to my sister-in-law's baby shower! AH!

To make a long story short... after a lot of fiascos I was able to get into my apartment without chopping it down with an axe (which I was more than willing to do at that point) and am borrowing a car from Tyler's parents.

PLUS I made it to Amanda's (my sis-in-law) baby shower almost on time! WOO HOO! (There is more to say about Amanda and my niece, but that will be tomorrow's post ;) )

Afterword I had the JOY of even more to packing look forward to! YAY... not. Tyler's dad is taking a load down to LR today so we had to get it all put on the trailer last night. Needless to say, I was exhausted and packing was the LAST thing I wanted to do.

***ENTER AMAZING BROTHER***

My brother Scott volunteered to help with the moving last night, and I'm so glad I finally agreed.
(I always feel bad asking for help in these situations because everyone hates to move their OWN stuff, so imagine how Not Fun it is to move someone else's!!!)
Well, he not only came himself... he also brought all the guys from his Bible study over too!!! 8-9 guys helped us move all our living room furniture in about 30 minutes!

And let me tell you... they PACKED that trailer and SUV full. They kept saying it was like a big game of Tetris, trying to fit the puzzle perfectly together. I always thought I was pretty good at the game, but these boys have a GIFT for Tetris! They put more things on the trailer than I thought possible.

So instead of spending hours moving furniture, I was able to spend the rest of the night relaxing. All I could think of was how incredibly BLESSED I am to have such great friends to come and help! And how wonderful being a part of a church family is!

Tyler and I are so excited to find our own church home in LR... it may take a while, but having those relationships are so important. Plus... they are always there to help you move!!! ;)

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

That whole key fiasco is SO something I would do.

Here I am, having to bribe my brother with food to get him to come to my house and yours volunteers to help you move...and brings his friends. You've hit the brother jackpot, for sure!

Friendly Visitors!