Wooden Background

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mental Breakdown

I should probably start by sharing that Tyler has been out of town for work this week. Awesome.

Today was just like any other day. Wake up. Drag my sorry butt out of bed. Work. Flat tire. Go home. Eat dinner.....

Wait... what??? Yes, you read right. FLAT TIRE.



Now a flat tire by itself is definitely not the end of the world. I am level-headed enough and not that much of a drama queen to allow that to give me a nervous breakdown... I hope you realize this by now! :)

What did almost give me a mental breakdown was the fact that it took about 45 minutes to get my wheel off the car.

Thank goodness one of my co-workers knew what he was doing and was more than willing to help a girl out. But watching him try and take the doo-hicky off of the watchyamacallit for 45 minutes can stress a girl out!

All I could think about was what I was going to do if he was unsuccessful. I have no family here, the only friends close by are working crazy-busy hours and wouldn't be available, and my HUSBAND was out of town. Again, awesome.

Maybe this doesn't seem that dramatic to other people, but I was having a pitty party. And I'm not ashamed to admit that! :)

During the 45 minutes I stood by helplessly watching, I decided to spend my time the only useful way I knew how--- I prayed. But unfortunately, my prayer only consisted of "Dear God, please..." "Dear God, please..." "Dear God, please..." ha! I simply could not get anything else out. I was completely speechless. But I'm sure He knew exactly what I was thinking. ;)

After we got the spare tire on, I took it straight to the tire store to get it replaced. While I waited, I walked to a close restaurant and ate dinner by myself. Sad? Maybe. But Chinese food was calling my name...

All in all it really wasn't that big of a deal.... but I think the hardest part of the whole evening was realizing that I was completely and utterly helpless. And that small little fact was a tad... um, overwhelming... for this little lady.

Was it completely coincidence that Casting Crowns' "Praise you in this storm" song was playing on my way home? Probably not... :)

So that was one small little storm that I just had to conclude by thanking God that my car still ran (loud screeching noises and all) and I had a wonderful loving family (whether 2 or 2000 miles away).



Oh ya.... did I mention that Tyler is staying at a beach-front condo in Florida for the week??????? Awesome. :)

No comments:

Friendly Visitors!